What could be better than enjoying a delicious, homecooked meal? Not having to spend all day working on the dish, of course! Slow cookers are everyone’s favorite kitchen appliance for this exact reason. Able to cook a wide range of meals over the span of a few hours, your slow cooker requires only an electrical connection to work its magic. So, the next time you have a hectic day ahead of you, toss the ingredients for this Balsamic Chicken into your slow cooker, and you’ll have a table-ready meal in five hours. It’s as easy as that!
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 cups baby red potatoes, halved or quartered
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon grainy Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- In a large slow cooker, add Brussels sprouts and potatoes in an even layer and place chicken on top.
- In a small bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, chicken broth, brown sugar, mustard, dried thyme, rosemary, oregano, and crushed red pepper flakes. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Pour marinade over chicken and vegetables. Scatter all over with garlic.
- Cover and cook on high until chicken is fall-apart tender, 4 1/2 to 5 hours.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with the juices.
The Briq on 4th Street Apartments in Bentonville, Arkansas