Cook up something delicious tonight with this special recipe provided to you by The Briq on 4th Street Apartments in Bentonville, Arkansas and put our expansive kitchens to good use!
When it comes to finding a special recipe, little compares to a big, steamy helping of everyone’s favorite comfort food: macaroni and cheese. Mix up a big pot of this Classic Macaroni and Cheese recipe tonight, and you’ll soon forget all about your worries. Plus, this recipe can be made with many basic pantry items, meaning it’s a perfect, budget-friendly choice. So, eat up and enjoy the savings, too!
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni pasta
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 ounces cream cheese, cut in cubes
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded cheese, cheddar or Colby jack
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- Thoroughly cook the macaroni pasta in a large pot of salted, boiling water.
- While the pasta is cooking, melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in cream cheese until well combined.
- Then, stir in the flour, salt, and pepper until the mixture is smooth – about 5 minutes. This creates a delectable base for your cheese sauce.
- Slowly pour milk into the sauce base, stirring as you go. Keep stirring until everything is smooth and slightly boiling. This will take anywhere from 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the shredded cheese to the mixture and stir until the cheese is well-combined with the other ingredients.
- After you’ve drained the macaroni pasta and returned it to its pot, pour the cheese sauce mixture over the pasta and stir gently. Serve hot with extra cheese on top if you’d like.