Coming up with new meal ideas can be a challenge. Luckily, The Briq on 4th Street Apartments in Bentonville, Arkansas makes it simple by presenting deliciously realistic options, such as this one for Chocolate Butter!
Just like a cold pint of ice cream or an oversized portion of French fries, Chocolate Butter is one of those crave-worthy items that definitely won’t be found on any “healthy snack” lists, but is in a class of its own, when it comes to comfort dessert foods. This chocolate spread from Real Simple owes its rich flavor to semisweet chocolate chips and cocoa powder.
Like Nutella, Chocolate Butter can be used in a variety of ways. Spread it on pancakes or pastries, swirl a spoonful of it into a cup of yogurt, or indulge in this chocolatey treat straight from the jar! Try this tasty two-step recipe, and you’ll soon find any excuse to enjoy it. Not to mention, Chocolate Butter is so simple to throw together, you can even make it with kids!
• ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
• ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
• 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
1. Beat butter, melted chocolate chips, cocoa powder, and a pinch of salt with an electric mixer until smooth, about 1 minute.
2. Serve at room temperature, spread on toast or croissants.